Hearing loss is an issue that many people face with age. If you have noticed that your hearing has deteriorated, one of the ways that you might be encouraged to combat the issue is by using hearing aids.
However, nearly 17 percent of people in the United States facing hearing loss do not have access to hearing aids or hearing aid centers. As a result, the popular retailer, Costco, decided to open its own hearing aid center.
The Costco Hearing Aid Center provides customers in-store services and hearing tests while also carrying some of the best brands on the market.
In case you are skeptical or have some questions about Costco hearing aids, we will also answer all of your questions, as well as provide reviews about the hearing aids at Costco.
What to Know About Hearing Aids At Costco
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the hearing aids at Costco any good? The brands that Costco carries are among the most popular on the market, especially Kirkland Hearing, and are considered to be the most high-quality options available.
- What is the best hearing aid at Costco? This is a difficult question to answer because it is highly individual. The hearing aids that one person may prefer might not be the hearing aids that another person prefers. Therefore, Costco will give you a hearing test during your visit to determine if hearing aids are the right option for you. You will also get fitted with your hearing aids and be provided with a free demonstration.
You can have a free hearing test at your local Costco Hearing Aid Center. In addition, you will have free product demonstrations, free follow-up appointments, cleanings, check-ups, and even free coverage for loss and damage.
Brands and Styles Offered
The brands offered at Costco are as follows: Rexton, ReSound, Kirkland Signature, Phonak, and Philips, which are also some of the best on the market.
You also will be able to choose between several different styles for your hearing aids. These include open fit, behind the ear, Bluetooth capable, in the ear, canal, and completely in the canal.
For your convenience, you will also get a hearing aid demonstration and the ability to find out which style and brand would work best for you.
Pros and Cons
Here are some important pros and cons according to reviews concerning hearing aids Costco that you will want to take into consideration.
- You have the opportunity to choose between several different brands in a single store.
- You get free insurance in case you lose or damage the hearing aids.
- There are also free cleaning and checkups.
- You get a free hearing test to see what your hearing loss level is and which hearing aids will suit you the best.
- The follow-up appointments are also included for free.
- You need to be a Costco member in order to make use of these services.
- Depending on the store, there might not be a Costco Hearing Center.
- Some hearing centers do not have all the brands and the variety that others do.
Something else to keep in mind…: These are neither pros nor cons, but it is important information that you will want to consider.
- The person checking you will most likely be a hearing aid specialist instead of an audiologist. Hearing aid specialists are licensed and they have the appropriate training, but they don’t have a degree. If you only have mild or moderate hearing loss, then this won’t be much of an issue, but you should see an audiologist if you have severe hearing loss.
- Costco hearing aid prices claim to be some of the best on the market and it offers lower prices than other private practices. Keep in mind that the average hearing aid prices are between $1,499 and $2,999.
Top 5 Best Hearing Aids from Costco
Instead of discussing individual hearing aids in this section, we will talk about the five main Costco hearing aid brands that you will find at most Costco Hearing Aid Centers.
The first brand that Costco has to offer is Rexton, and mainly the rights reserved Adore line. This line of the iconic hearing aids claims to help you stay comfortable while also providing you with all the convenience and important features that you will need in a quality hearing aid.
Some of the features that you will get with these Costco hearing aids include the ability to recharge them, Bluetooth compatibility, audio streaming, and wireless technology.
These hearing aids operate using lithium-ion batteries, which can last all day long after being charged for only 3-4 hours. Unlike some of the others that we will discuss in this review, the hearing aid prices for this brand are not as high- they start at around $899 depending on the state you’re in.
You can choose between the Adore iX and the Adore Customs aids models. They also come with accessories to enhance your hearing aid experience, such as controls for wireless connectivity and audio streaming.
These models also come with compatible smartphone apps that you can use to control and adjust them as needed.
ReSound hearing aids at Costco are another brand that you may want to consider. The models start at around $1,249.99 each. The brand claims to provide you with a sound that is natural and balanced.
These models operate using lithium-ion batteries that can be recharged, meaning that you get extra time- up to 30 hours- to use the hearing aids before they need to be charged again.
The hearing aids come in many different styles and types- mainly over the ear and in the canal- and you will be able to choose which one you like the most at your Costo Hearing Aids Center.
The hearing aids come with an app that will enable you to control their functions and settings on your smart device. They will work to optimize the sound around you so that you will have the ability to focus on noises you need to hear without losing the ability to hear the other sounds.
In addition, you can hold natural conversations with those around you.
The Kirkland Signature hearing aids are some of the most popular on the market that are also available at Costco. Coming in at $1,499.99 per pair, these are an expensive choice.
They will connect to most Bluetooth devices and TVs. You also can use these Costco hearing aids to make phone calls, adjust the volume, change programs, and control the Signature Hearing aids with the use of the Easy Line Remote app.
These Costco hearing aids are also designed to optimize speech and they will protect your ears against dust and moisture. The kit comes with the hearing aids, a cleaning cloth and brush, batteries, a travel pouch, and a case.
You can also choose between 5 colors- bronze, stone, beige, silver, and black.
Phonak offers many different models for people with varying levels of hearing loss. You can choose to get hearing aids in a variety of colors that will suit you the most.
The models come with wireless accessories that will help to enhance your experience with the hearing aids, and that will help you in situations including phone calls, conversations, distance hearing, music, television shows, and more.
The hearing aids Costco come in several styles as well, including behind the ear and in the ear, so you will be able to have a custom fit.
You will be able to determine which of the models provided by the brand works best for you after taking your free hearing test at a Costco center and trying on the different models available.
The last brand of hearing aids at Costco is Philips, which is well-known for its high-quality electronic devices of all types. You will be able to choose between models that start at around $1,249.99.
The main area in which this brand differs from the others is that you will be able to listen to conversations even in noisy environments.
The hearing aids Costco come with a TV adapter and remote control so that you can adjust your environment to suit your hearing aids and to make the hearing aids as comfortable as possible.
In addition, with the help of the Philips HearLink app, you can control your hearing aids, change the listening programs, fix the volume, mute the hearing aids, stream music and videos, and more.
You can also see the percent of battery remaining. In addition, you can choose between several different colors.
We have provided you with everything you need to know about purchasing hearing aids at Costco, including reviews of each of the brands offered at Costco Hearing Aid Centers.
This may be a viable option for people who don’t have access to hearing aids otherwise to help improve the quality of your life after facing hearing loss. You will be able to see which of the hearing aids offered you will like the most.
Also Check Out: