We all know by now how important it is to protect our ears from loud noises that we may be exposed to, including fireworks, concerts, construction, and more. But it is also essential to protect your ears as a hunter.
All professional hunters know how important it is never to go hunting unless you have the proper protective materials, including hearing protection.
Grizzly Ears is a brand that has manufactured highly-rated earbuds that are said to help amplify sounds around you while blocking out the noise produced by the gunshot when you’re on the field.
In this review, we will discuss some of the criteria to look for when purchasing these kinds of earmuffs, as well as everything you need to know about the Grizzly Ears Predator Pro Earbuds.
Grizzly Ears Earbuds Review
Grizzly Ears Predator Pro Bluetooth Shooting Earmuffs & Shooting Glasses Bundle
The Grizzly Ears Predator Pro Shooting Earmuffs are one of the more expensive options on the market, retailing on Amazon. However, you will be able to finance them if you think that they’re something worth purchasing. You will also get the Walker’s Crosshair Sport Shooting Glasses and a Focus Microfiber cleaning cloth with your purchase.
The purpose of these earmuffs is to amplify sounds around you, such as animals moving around in the woods, while also reducing the noise of the gunshot at the same time. This is important because the loud noise produced by the gunshot can cause hearing loss if you’re not wearing anything to protect your ears. However, if you choose to use these earmuffs, you will receive protection from noises louder than 85 decibels.
You will also pair these headphones to your phone, and it has a charging case. The shooting earmuffs will enhance sounds up to 6 times, and they also offer Bluetooth technology. This means that you will use your phone and connect it to the earmuffs if your device has Bluetooth connectivity. You also will get a reliable signal and the ability to make or answer phone calls without taking the earmuffs off. The earmuffs are also waterproof and resistant to dust and dirt, which will make them last for much longer.
In addition, the earmuffs come with Walker’s Crosshair Sport Shooting glasses, which will also help protect your eyes while you’re on the range. They exceed safety requirements for shooting glasses. One of the biggest benefits of these glasses is that they will provide you with 99 percent ultraviolet protection, which means that you won’t face any problems from the sun.
If you want to see these earmuffs in action, here is a YouTube video.
Pros and Cons of Grizzly Ears
Here are some of the key pros and cons of the product per Grizzly Ears earmuff reviews.
- According to many customers, they do a great job amplifying noises around you while protecting your ears from the loud noise produced by the gunshot.
- You don’t have to worry about over-the-ear earmuffs anymore, as these go right in your ears for added comfort and convenience.
- People were pleased that these earbuds offered Bluetooth connectivity, which allowed them to listen to music, take phone calls, and more- all while on the shooting range.
- The earbuds are comfortable for wearing all day.
- The biggest con that people mentioned was the steep price tag of roughly $250, but it’s what you will have to pay for in order to get high-quality shooting earbuds.
- Some people said that they had issues with the earbuds properly getting rid of loud noises, but they seem to be in the minority and this isn’t a major concern from other buyers.
We know that the sounds produced by guns are loud, but just how loud are they? Unfortunately, it seems that gunshots are the loudest non-occupational noise that Americans have been exposed to, meaning that they can experience major hearing loss even when exposed to one shot without the proper hearing protection. In addition, gunshots tend to average above 157 decibels, whereas 85 decibels are loud enough to cause hearing damage. So, here are some things that you will want to consider when you purchase hearing protection for shooting.
- Earmuffs vs earbuds: You will want to see if the product you have chosen includes earmuffs or earbuds. Earmuffs go over your ears, whereas earbuds stay in your ears. While earmuffs tend to offer more protection, many people appreciate the convenience provided by earbuds for shooting a lot more.
- Noise reduction rating: This is an important factor when it comes to any hearing protection device. The range in the US is between 0 to 33 decibels. It is an estimation of the amount of protection you will receive. Of course, the higher the device’s noise reduction rating, the more protection you will receive.
- Electronic headsets vs. classic earmuffs: You will also be able to choose between electronic headsets and classic earmuffs. The latter tends to be less expensive, and they have a higher noise reduction rating. On the other hand, electronic headsets can help to amplify softer noises, such as conversations or animals moving about while blocking out sounds produced by the gunshot. They also tend to come with other advanced features too.
Overall, it seems like the Grizzly Ears Predator Pros are something worth purchasing if you’re an avid hunter. While some people might not be able to justify the hefty price tag, there are plenty out there who claim that they’re totally worth the price and will be worth purchasing, especially if you’re someone who likes to go on the range a lot and wants something that offers more than your classic hearing protection headphones or earmuffs do.
These hearing protection earmuffs offer plenty of innovative features, such as Bluetooth and the ability to hear softer sounds at amplified levels, making them a sought-after choice.
|etymotic shooting ear plugs|
|shothunt ear plugs|
|etymotic earplugs compared to westone|