We know how important it is to make sure that we protect our hearing while we are still young to prevent hearing loss and damage later on in life. But did you know that it is also important to protect your dog’s hearing?
Dogs have sensitive ears and can hear sounds that are too high-pitched for human ears. So, it’s crucial to ensure that you have the proper tools to protect your dog’s ears. Mutt Muffs are a good example of earmuffs for your dogs designed to help lower the level at which dogs hear certain loud noises, such as concerts or when you’re out on the shooting range.
In this article, we will give you all the information you need to know about Mutt Muffs, as well as the pros and cons so that you can make a better-informed decision for your pooch.
Criteria for Good Mutt Muffs
To ensure that your dog’s ears are as protected as possible, it is important to know what criteria to look for when selecting a pair of earmuffs. Here are some of the most critical.
- Noise-canceling vs. noise reduction: This might be one of the most important things to look for. Many earmuffs on the market provide some reduction in the volume of the noise your dogs hear but will not be suitable to reduce their anxiety over certain noises like fireworks or thunderstorms. There are also earmuffs, however, that are designed to cancel out these noises.
- Swaddling fabric vs. regular headphones: These are also the two main kinds of earmuffs manufactured for dogs. You will want to make sure that you purchase earmuffs that will fit comfortably over your dog’s ears and that will adjust to the size of their head. In addition, the higher the fabric quality is, the longer you will be able to use the earmuffs without them breaking down. Headphones made out of swaddling fabric are not meant to cancel out noises.
- Variety in sizes: You will also want to make sure that you choose headphones that come in several different sizes. This is so that your dog will be as comfortable as possible. Of course, we know that dogs come in all shapes and sizes, so you will want to make sure that the headphones you purchase for your dog can accommodate that.
What Are Mutt Muffs?
Mutt Muffs DDR337 Hearing Protection for Dogs, Black, Large
This is a photo of the DDR337 Mutt Muffs. They retail for $69.85, although you will be able to purchase them for less on Amazon. The individual price will depend on the specific muffs that you choose.
You will be able to get your Mutt Muffs in various sizes, from extra small to extra large, which will depend on how big your dog is. In addition, you can choose between several different colors, including black, blue, pink, and red. These earmuffs are meant to go over your dog’s head to provide maximum hearing protection. To provide the most protection possible, the ear seals are designed with wide foam, which is also meant to help keep your dog comfortable.
The adjustable straps will also be of huge help to make the earmuffs fit snugly and comfortably over your dog’s head. The earmuffs are designed to fit the curvature of your dog’s head, so you shouldn’t have any issues in terms of discomfort.
It is important to mention that these are not noise-canceling earmuffs; but instead, they will enable your dog to hear louder noises at softer volumes, which will reduce their fear. In addition, the earmuffs are designed to help prevent hearing damage.
They aren’t recommended for use when there are noises that your dog is known to be afraid of, such as thunderstorms and fireworks, because your dog will still be able to hear them. However, you can use these earmuffs on a plane, at a concert, at the shooting range, or in other places where your dog won’t be as scared.
In addition, it is recommended that you put these earmuffs on your dog for the first time when they are exposed to these louder noises. This is since your dog will most likely try to knock the earmuffs off. When they realize why you’ve done this, they will be more likely to keep the earmuffs on.
Here is a YouTube video of the Mutt Muffs in use.
Pros and Cons of Mutt Muffs
Here are some of the pros and cons of Mutt Muffs according to customer reviews.
- Mutt Muffs come in multiple different sizes, which will provide your dog with the most comfort.
- They have a strap that allows you to adjust the earmuffs for maximum comfort.
- The foam is made of ester resin, which is also used in noise-canceling earmuffs.
- They are meant to adapt to the size of your dog’s head.
- Mutt Muffs can provide between 25 and 28 decibels of reduction if they fit well against the dog’s head.
- You get a one-year warranty if you’re not pleased with the product.
- Mutt Muffs do not provide any noise-canceling abilities, so your dog will still be able to hear all kinds of loud noises. These earmuffs will simply reduce the volume at which your dog will hear these noises.
- They aren’t a good way to keep dogs ears warm in winter.
Do Mutt Muffs work? That depends on what exactly you’re looking for.
If you want your dog to have noise-canceling earmuffs, then Mutt Muffs are not a good option as they do not have any noise-canceling properties. In addition, if there are sounds that your dog is afraid of, Mutt Muffs will not work well for them because they can still hear these sounds.
However, Mutt Muffs will reduce the volume at which your dog will hear loud noises, so they won’t be exposed to decibels that can potentially cause hearing loss.
If that’s fine by you, then Mutt Muffs might be a good option to consider. Also, keep in mind that it might take some time for your dog to get used to wearing them.
|quietest motorcycle helmet
|best ear warmers for running
|aviation headset review
|two way communication headset