It is important to invest in high-quality hearing protection so that you can avoid damaging your hearing over the course of your life. Westone DefendEar earplugs are among the best on the market and are especially known for their outstanding noise reduction ratings.
You will be able to use these earplugs no matter where you go or what you do for a living. They also provide you with a customized fit for maximum comfort. In this article, we will go over the different types of earplugs offered by the brand, as well as what you should look for in hearing protection earplugs.
In order to find good hearing protection earplugs, there are some criteria that you will want to consider.
- Noise reduction rating: This is perhaps the most important. The noise reduction rating determines the amount of protection you are going to receive. The higher the NRR, the more protection you’ll get, which could be essential if you’re going to be working in loud environments. The range is between 0 and 33, but most hearing protection devices will offer you enough to protect you from hearing damage.
- Use: It will also be important to understand what purpose the product was manufactured for. If they are intended to be used in certain environments, you will want to double-check and make sure that you can use the earplugs wherever you need them.
- Style: While this article is specifically going to focus on earplugs, there are also several different styles for hearing protection, including over-the-ear headphones and earplugs that go in your ears. The latter is certainly a lot more convenient, but sometimes, regular headphones will provide you with more protection.
- Added features: As technology advances, hearing protection will also get many additional features. Some of these might include wind protection, a long battery life, Bluetooth technology, a customizable fit, and more. If these features are necessary for you, this is something else that is important to consider.
Overview of Product
Here are the four main products that the Westone DefendEar line has to offer.
Westone DefendEar Digital
The Westone DefendEar Digital earplugs are great for shooting or other outdoor recreational activities because of the amount of protection they have to offer. They provide you with a noise reduction rating of 30 decibels and three amplification levels up to 86 decibels.
In addition, they offer wind noise reduction and a low-profile fit, meaning that they will appear very discreetly when you’re wearing them. They’re color-coded, which will allow you to differentiate between the right and left earplugs a lot easier.
They also come with ear tips, cleaning supplies, batteries, and a zip storage pouch. The retail price is $299.
Westone DefendEar Convertible
The price of the DefendEar Convertible earplugs starts at $191 depending on the customizable features you choose. They offer a noise reduction rating of between 21 decibels and 28 decibels, which makes them a great option for those working in industrial environments. You will be able to select the amount of protection you get using the cord that comes with the earplugs. They work well for people working in construction, motorsports, shooting, emergency vehicles, and aircraft, and they are also suitable for travel and personal use. You will get a customized fit with these earplugs, like many of the others offered by the brand, which will provide you with maximum comfort.
Westone DefendEar Max
The DefendEar Max hearing protection devices cost $151. These are the perfect option for people who are exposed to extremely loud noises on a daily basis and will need to have the best hearing protection available on the market. In addition, they provide you with the maximum noise reduction rating possible. These earplugs are recommended in particular for those who work with emergency vehicles, construction, aircraft, motorsports, shooting, and any other cases in which you will need maximum protection. They offer repeatable attenuation, they’re cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and best of all, you will get a customized fit with these earplugs for maximum comfort.
Westone DefendEar Tru Custom
The price of the Westone DefendEar Tru Customs starts at $199.99. In order to purchase these, a healthcare professional will need to take impressions of your ear so that you can truly have the custom fit that they offer. These earplugs are meant to reduce your exposure to loud noises while still giving you the ability to hear quieter noises. You will be able to select the level of attenuation that you need. The earpiece will be fitted with 3D technology to provide you with the most comfort and clarity. Much like the DefendEar concert earplugs, you will also be able to use these for recreational activities.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the different earplugs the brand has to offer in accordance with Westone DefendEar reviews.
- All of the Westone DefendEar products feature high noise reduction ratings for maximum protection.
- Their earplugs are easy to use and maintain.
- You will be able to use them in a wide variety of places and environments, including recreational and work.
- They provide a customized fit for maximum comfort.
- All the earplugs made by the brand are cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- The earplugs cannot be turned off when not in use.
- They have a short battery life.
- Some of the earplugs manufactured by the brand are rather expensive in comparison to others.
In general, the earplugs manufactured by Westone are among the best on the market. You have plenty of options to choose from in accordance with your specific needs, but you can be sure that they will provide you with the protection you need no matter where you are. It’s nearly impossible to find another brand that’s products will offer you as much protection as Westone’s does and you get tons of comfort in these earplugs. So, you know that you’re going to be paying for a high-quality product. We think that Westone DefendEar’s earplugs are certainly worth purchasing.