- BLITZING-SPEED ATTACK TIME: Digital compaction circuitry presents an .5 millisecond attack time (250X speedier than the traditional Impact Sport) to condense any sound that surpasses a harmless 82 dB; NRR 22
- Five times loudness intensification: Strengthens lower sound frequencies such as range orders, communication with other shooters and animal calls; well suited for indoor and outdoor target practice, and chasing after game in nature.
- DIMINISHED WIND NOISE: Suppresses wind roar while yielding clear, focused sound; allows the user to effortlessly determine a sound's origin which is an excellent advantage for hunters in nature.
- SLIM EXPOSURE: Modestly sized ear cup with cuts for liberating firearm stock make it possible to use in any shooting environment; fitted and cushioned headband that can be modified for convenience; collapseable for simple storage; immune to moisture.
- A 4-hour auto power down boosts battery endurance (roughly 150 hours)
Are you tired of hearing ringing in your ears after a day at the shooting range? Or maybe you’re tired of yelling at your hunting buddies to repeat themselves because you can’t hear them over the sound of your ear protection. If so, it’s time to upgrade your hearing protection to the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt.
The Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt is an electronic earmuff that amplifies low-level sounds and blocks out harmful noise above 82 decibels. But is it worth the investment? In this review, I’ll break down the Impact Sport Bolt’s features and share my experience with this popular hearing protection.
So, if you’re in the market for new ear protection, keep reading to see if the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt is right for you.
In This Article:
Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt Review
Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 22 dB
Sound Amplification: 5X Sound Amplification with an all-new digital compression circuitry
Attack Time: 0.5 millisecond, which is 250X faster than standard models
Additional Features: The design and the Air Flow Control Technology (AFC) are the same as the standard Impact Sport model.
The Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt earmuffs stand out in the field of hearing protection, offering an optimal combination of safety, sound management, and comfort. With a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 22 dB, these earmuffs effectively shield your ears from hazardous noise, making them an excellent choice for shooting ranges or other loud environments. They also provide 5X sound amplification, enabling clear communication and awareness of your surroundings.
One of the key features of the Impact Sport Bolt is its lightning-fast attack time. The digital microprocessor delivers a response in just 0.5 milliseconds, a staggering 250 times quicker than standard models, which ensures immediate noise reduction when a loud sound is detected.
The earmuffs retain the Air Flow Control Technology and the overall design of the standard Impact Sport model, which is known for its comfort. Products from Howard Leight generally have a good reputation for being robust and long-lasting.
Given these features, the Impact Sport Bolt offers excellent value for money in the realm of electronic earmuffs. However, one potential downside could be the absence of explicit information about the product’s material quality and lifespan, which could affect its durability. Despite this, their advanced features and well-known brand reputation make these earmuffs a solid choice for many users.
Are The Bolt Earmuffs Bluetooth?
The Bolt does not have Bluetooth, only an AUX input. The Howard Leight Impact Sport has a version with Bluetooth capabilities. This model comes equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
Howard Leight Bolt vs Impact Sport
The Howard Leight Impact Sport and Impact Sport Bolt are both popular models of hearing protection earmuffs, but there are a few notable differences between them:
- Sound Amplification Levels: While the design and the Air Flow Control Technology (AFC) are the same for both models, the main difference lies in the ambient sound amplification levels. The Impact Sport Bolt offers 5X Sound Amplification with an all-new digital compression circuitry, presumably more than what the standard Impact Sport model provides.
- Attack Time: The Impact Sport Bolt has a digital microprocessor that delivers a lightning-fast 0.5 millisecond attack time, 250X faster than the standard Impact Sport models. The “attack time” refers to the speed at which the earmuffs react to reduce any sound that surpasses a safe level (82 dB in this case).
Please note that although the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is the same for both models (22 dB), these differences in sound amplification and attack time can lead to a different user experience. Read our Howard Leight Impact Sport Review for a more in-depth look at the base model.
Howard Leight Sport Bolt vs Walker’s Razor
Here is a comparison of the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt and Walker Razor Slim earmuffs:
- Sound Amplification and Processing: Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt offers 5x sound amplification, with advanced digital compression circuitry for ambient sound amplification. On the other hand, Walker Razor Slim provides omnidirectional sound amplification with sound-activated compression.
- Comfort: The Walker Razor Slim has thicker ear cups and a softer cushion which offers superior comfort, especially for people with larger ears.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): The Noise Reduction Rating for the Impact Sport Bolt is 22 dB, which helps to ensure effective noise blockage during shooting. The Walker Razor Slim, however, has a slightly higher NRR of 23dB.
- Extra Features: Both models have a 3.5mm headphone jack, but the Walker Razor Slim features full dynamic range HD speakers for clear, balanced sound.
You can read our Howard Leight vs Walker’s Earmuffs comparison of more models here.
Other Alternatives to Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt
Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt has established itself as a leading choice. However, it is not the only option on the market, and alternatives may better suit individual needs and preferences. This section will explore other alternatives to the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt.
Pro Ear Predator Gold
Several differences emerge when comparing the Pro Ears Predator Gold earmuffs with the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt. Both earmuffs offer strong noise reduction capabilities, with the Predator Gold providing an NRR of 26 and the Sport Bolt offering an NRR of 22. With normal use, the Predator Gold’s battery life is up to 250 hours, which is less than the Sport Bolt’s maximum of 350 hours.
The Predator Gold has an industry-leading attack time of 1.5 milliseconds, meaning it can respond quickly to sudden loud noises. The Sport Bolt, however, boasts an even faster attack time of 0.5 milliseconds. The Predator Gold has an industry-leading attack time of 1.5 milliseconds, meaning it can respond quickly to sudden loud noises. The Sport Bolt, however, boasts an even faster attack time of 0.5 milliseconds.
Peltor Tactical Sport 300
Peltor Tactical Sport 300 earmuffs offer a 24 dB noise reduction rating, Dynamic Suppression Time for gunshot noise, Clear Voice Tracking Technology, and compatibility with mobile devices. Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt earmuffs have a 22 dB noise reduction rating, 0.5 milliseconds attack time, five times sound amplification, water resistance, and come with extra accessories. The battery life for Howard Leight earmuffs is 350 hours. Both models use 2 AAA batteries. The suitable model depends on individual needs.
How to Buy Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt?
You can purchase the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt from various online platforms, including:
3. Honeywell Store
You may want to compare prices and shipping options on these websites to find the best deal.
In conclusion, the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt earmuffs stand out as a sophisticated, high-performance piece of hearing protection. The rapid 0.5 millisecond attack time, notable 22 dB NRR, and advanced digital compression circuitry ensure users are effectively shielded from hazardous noise while maintaining ambient sound awareness.
The earmuffs are comfortable, adjustable, and feature a water-resistant design that makes them suitable for various environments. The 4-hour auto shut-off feature and the 350-hour max battery life demonstrate a thoughtful blend of convenience and longevity.
While individual needs and preferences may vary, the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt earmuffs represent a robust choice for anyone seeking reliable hearing protection for shooting and hunting applications.