Are you tired of getting tangled up in wires while listening to music or taking calls on your phone? AirPods have become a popular solution to this problem, but they can be expensive. Luckily, there are generic versions of AirPods available that are more affordable.
However, pairing generic AirPods can be a bit tricky. So if you’re struggling to connect your earbuds to your device, don’t worry – I’ve got you covered. In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps to pair your generic AirPods, so you can enjoy wireless listening without breaking the bank.
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to confidently pair your generic AirPods with any device and start enjoying the convenience of wireless earbuds.
How to Connect Your Off-Brand Airpods
Connecting off-brand AirPods to a device is similar to connecting any other Bluetooth device. Here are the general steps you can follow to connect off-brand AirPods to your device:
- First, turn on the Bluetooth function on your device.
- Put the AirPods in pairing mode. To do this, press and hold the pairing button on the AirPods until the LED light flashes rapidly.
- Wait for your device to detect the AirPods. When it does, click on the AirPods to connect to them.
- Follow any additional instructions your device may provide to complete the pairing process.
If the above steps do not work, ensure your AirPods are charged, and try resetting them. To reset the AirPods, put them back in their charging case and press and hold the pairing button on the case until the LED light flashes rapidly. Then, repeat the pairing process.
Note that the specific steps may vary depending on the make and model of your off-brand AirPods. Consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer if you have trouble connecting your AirPods to your device.
Do Fake Airpods Work with Smartphones?
Fake AirPods may work with an iPhone, but their compatibility can vary depending on the model and quality of the fake AirPods. Some fake AirPods are designed to look and function similarly to genuine AirPods and may connect to an iPhone just like the real ones.
However, it’s important to note that fake AirPods may not work as well as genuine AirPods and may have limited functionality or connectivity issues. They may also be unable to access all the genuine AirPods features, such as automatic pause and resume, Siri integration, and proximity sensor.
Furthermore, fake AirPods may pose security risks, as they may not have undergone the same security checks and quality control measures as genuine AirPods. They may also not receive software updates, leaving them vulnerable to security vulnerabilities. They are not likely to cause cancer, though.
Why Won’t My Knock-off Airpods Connect?
There could be several reasons why your knock-off AirPods are not connecting to your device:
- Check if your earbuds are charged: Ensure your AirPods have enough battery life to connect to your device.
- Check if your device’s Bluetooth is turned on: Ensure the Bluetooth function is enabled on your device. You can usually find this setting in your device’s “Settings” or “Bluetooth” section.
- Put your generic AirPods in pairing mode: To put your AirPods in pairing mode, put them in their charging case and press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front of the case flashes white. This indicates that the AirPods are in pairing mode and ready to connect.
- Make sure your device is compatible: Check that your device is compatible with your specific earbuds. For example, apple AirPods are designed to work with Apple devices, but some third-party AirPods may also work with other devices. However, checking the manufacturer’s website or user manual for compatibility information is always good.
- Restart your devices: Try restarting both your AirPods and your device. Sometimes, a simple reboot can help to fix connectivity issues.
If none of these steps work, you may want to try resetting your AirPods to their factory settings or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance.
What are good knock-off Airpods for Smartphones?
To ensure your generic Airpods connect, you should buy a pair that works well with any device. Since real AirPods can be expensive, several examples of knock-off AirPods are available. Some of these include:
i12 TWS AirPods
These are one of the most popular knock-off AirPods on the market. They resemble the design of the original AirPods and come in a similar charging case. In addition, they offer basic features like Bluetooth connectivity and touch controls.
Generic Bluetooth Earbuds
These are other popular knock-off AirPods that mimic the design of the original AirPods. They have a charging case and offer Bluetooth connectivity and touch controls.
Ear Fun Air Pro 3
These are generic style erabuds similar to Airpods that offer a different style with advanced communication features. They have a charging case and offer Bluetooth connectivity, touch controls, and noise cancellation.
These knock-off AirPods offer a similar design to the original AirPods but with a different color scheme, similar to BLK Pods (you guessed it, black AirPods). In addition, they come with a charging case and offer features like Bluetooth connectivity and touch controls.